Thanda was founded in 2008 in the rural community of Umtwalume on the South Coast of KZN in an effort to fill the gaps for children where social services, schools, and communities had been stretched thin. Today, we provide over 650 children with Early Childhood Development and daily After-School Education programmes, and run Organic Agriculture Development Programmes for over 200 adults.
Job Title: Impact Manager
Job Location: Hibberdene, KwaZulu Natal
Remuneration: R216 000 -R240 000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
Duration: Full Time
- Oversee Educational Monitoring & Evaluation Activities
- Oversee Agricultural Monitoring & Evaluation Activities
- Analyse data and write internal reports
- Ensure that data collected on site is accessible to Support Team
- Ensure that specific M&E required by donors and partners is available for external reporting purposes
- Lead studies on the longer-term impact of Thanda
- Design and lead additional studies as directed by the Executive director
- Research and model development.
- Assist with administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Executive Director.
- Master’s Degree ot Bachelor’s Degree with at least one year’s experience in research and/or monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of quantitative AND qualitative research methods
- Experience in conducting research (either quantitative OR qualitative)
- Knowledge and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
- Analytical skills
- Good writing skills
- Organisational and coordination skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle diverse and sometimes demanding workload
- Critical thinker who is always looking for new ways to improve existing systems
- Willingness to enter data when necessary
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Passion for development and community work
To apply, submit your CV and one page covering letter to [email protected]
In the subject line of your email, please write “Application: Impact Manager 2019_[Insert Your Name]”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until the deadline.
Please note that this role has been advertised previously, if you have already applied, please do not reapply as this will lead to you being automatically excluded.
Application Deadline: 27th Jan 2019