The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was formed in 2007 to assist vulnerable asylum seeker and refugee populations in Cape Town. Since then it has developed several successful community-based psycho-social interventions to assist the most marginalized and vulnerable men, women and children.
Job Title: Social Worker
Job Location: Cape Town
Duration: 1st August 2019
- Render a social work service with regard to the care, support, protection and development of vulnerable individuals and families,
- Conduct assessments of all clients accessing services, aimed at identifying appropriate interventions and offering guidance and support to these families,
- Report writing and presentation of reports at relevant panels
- Referrals to relevant service providers
- Participate in multi-disciplinary case discussions
- Networking and stakeholder engagement
- Home visits
- Maintain accurate records and perform all administrative functions relevant to post.
- A formal tertiary qualification in Social Work (Bachelor of Social Work) that allows professional registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as Social Worker;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker and proof of current registration for 2019.
- Experience of working with vulnerable families and individuals,
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in social work practice.
- A valid, unendorsed Code B South African driving licence.
- Experience and ability to work in an inter-disciplinary team.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel and good administrative skills.
- Maturity and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
Submit your CV with the names and contact details of two recent, contactable references to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Thursday, 4 July, 2019