Posted on :
30 Oct, 2020
30 Oct, 2020
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is a multidisciplinary, independent research institute based across two sites in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa and we are currently looking for a self-directed, highly motivated and adaptable Professional Research Nurse to join our fast pace Clinical Research Department.
Our goal is to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV, TB and related diseases. We also seek ways to improve diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
Job Title: Professional Research Nurse
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference: # DUR/PROF/RES/NURSE_OCT2020
Contract: Type Contract 12 Months
Salary: Market Related
The Professional Research Nurse will be working in several AHRI Clinical Research Projects at AHRI. He / She will be responsible for collecting specimens and data which will be analyzed by medical laboratory personnel. Other responsibilities include, practicing nursing pathology and phlebotomy procedures by ensuring that the interaction with the participant is conducted with empathy and professionalism. The successful candidate will also conduct general participant, research and data administration. This position is based in our Durban Research Campus.
1. Nursing Diploma
2. Current registration with the SANC and covered for professional indemnity e.g. DENOSA;
3. HPCSA Certified Phlebotomy training
4. Recognised HIV/AIDS counselling certification
5. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certification
6. Own vehicle and valid driver’s license. Must be a confident driver.
1. 4 years nursing experience with at least 2 years’ experience in phlebotomy
2. Previous research experience;
3. Computer literacy and experience working with MS Office packages
1. Experience with Paediatrics and paediatric phlebotomy
2. Experience in HIV teaching/training/pre and post-test counselling;
Application Deadline: 30/10/2020