Posted on :
17 Mar, 2022
17 Mar, 2022
To ensure accurate and timeous processing of all pallet movements within a structured administrative framework in the distribution environment.
Job Title: Pallet Administrator
Location: Isando, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: 112
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Key Accountabilities and Outputs:
Pallet Administration, Maintenance and Reporting
• Check all CHEP pallet documentation and process movements daily
• Outsanding pallets communicated to Service Providers and Customers
• Monitoring and reconciliation of all pallet movements
• Feedback on weekly pallet population and movements
• Maintain open communication channels with Sales, Finance, Manufacturing and Distribution.
• Engage with Suppliers and External Transporter providers to ensure correct submission and processing of pallet documentation
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards (Safety, Health and Environmental) in line with the OSH Act.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and support a safe environment for TBCs Employees, Contractors and Visitors.
• Routine communication in connection with instructions, requests or normal work tasks
• Proactive identification of problems that are concrete and procedural, troubleshoot and apply solutions in line with guidelines provided or escalate more complex problems to superiors, providing information required to solve problems.
• Others in own work area
Planning and Organising:
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful outcome.
• Able to communicate verbally in a logical manner.
• Takes the intended audience into account when communicating verbal information.
• Makes use of appropriate business language in verbal communication.
• Includes all relevant information in verbal arguments.
• Demonstrates proficiency of language in verbal communication.
• Interprets complex information to expresses own viewpoint in verbal communication.
• Concludes verbal arguments by making reference to relevant facts
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Able to take a complex task and breaking it down into manageable parts in a logical, detailed way.
• Thinks of multiple explanations or alternatives to a problem
• Able to identify the information needed to solve a problem effectively
• Performs tasks accurately and thoroughly, making adjustments to ensure needs are met
• Considers business priorities when making decisions or analysing the costs and benefits of various alternative solutions.
• Organises information to make it easier to analyse or see trends.
• Anticipates consequences and formulates alternatives.
• Establishes clear decision criteria for making informed choices.
• Seeks relevant information to better understand situations and problems.
• Conducts appropriate analysis; neither makes snap decisions or over-analyses.
• Sees relationships between various facts, figures or other information.
Application Deadline: 24/03/2022