Posted on :
7 Sep, 2020
The purpose of this role is to integrate and optimise both primary and secondary distribution processes within the region to ensure efficient and effective product fulfilment in line with customer service requirements. This role is also responsible for leading the drive towards efficient inventory control and minimising stock losses as well as ensuring financial management and sales order excellence within the regional logistics space.
The Regional Logistics Manager is ultimately accountable for managing the Distribution Centre in such a manner that ensures alignment to overall business strategy, enables the value chain and contributes to The Beverage Company’s Customer Service, Volume, Market Share and Cost Compression aspirations in a safe, well governed and responsible manner.
Job Title: Regional Logistics Manager
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference: # 699
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Manage Product Fulfilment
• Oversee primary and secondary distribution planning and execution
• Contribute towards Customer Service Excellence
• Ensure all Customer DSP’s (Distribution Service Packages) are negotiated, agreed and communicated
• Oversee Sales Order Creation and Management processes ensuring customer service level alignment
• Maintain good customer relations by delivering on promises consistently
Contribute towards Inventory Control
• Conduct random truck counts to monitor effectiveness of internal controls
• Oversee the Warehouse and forecasting process to ensure stock availability and quality
• Regular engagement with Manufacturing to ensure plans are in place to meet OTIF targets
• Ensure regular and accurate stock cycle counts and advise on shrinkage and stock loss processes
Manage General Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
• Ensure accurate and timely Financial Reporting
• Contribute towards the Month End Close process for relevant region
• Develop and manage budgets and forecasts for resourcing
• Minimise overtime and temporary employee usage
• Controls expenditure against budgets and forecasts
• Continuously look for financial optimisation opportunities internally and externally
• Weekly monitoring of general ledger accounts to ensure adherence to budget and forecasts
• Monthly financial performance analysed, and necessary plans put in place to correct if required
General Business and People Management
• Actively participate in strategic planning and budgeting processes for the region
• Drive continuous improvement through streamlining and optimising relevant operational practices, processes and systems
• Ensure adherence to operational and financial frameworks of practices, processes, standards and controls
• Ensure Adherence to all applicable Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Standards
• Ensure that the right people capacity is in place and manage employee performance through effective and goal directed people leadership
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors Degree (3 years) / NQF level 7 (Essential)
• 9+ Years experience (Operational Execution)
• Excel Advanced
• Written proposals or presentations aimed at changing practices within or across business units or selling a product or service to external clients
• Proactive identification of interconnected functional problems, determine impact, patterns and trends, identify best fit alternatives, best practice solutions and anticipate future problems. Readily available information, access to advice or precedent on approaches to solve problems.
• Groups of individuals at a senior management level inside the organisation
• Accomplishes assigned tasks and goals: takes necessary actions to keep progress against objectives on track.
• Prepares a roadmap for success.
• Ensures that all who need to know, are clear about the plan.
• Takes full responsibility for own actions and outcomes, including mistakes.
• Always acts in the company’s best interest, regardless of whether it is difficult or unpopular.
• Ensures others are on track for achieving their goals.
• Asks questions to identify customer needs or expectations
• Follows through and meets personal commitments to others on time
• Takes responsibilities seriously and consistently meets the clients’ expectations for quality, service, and professionalism.
• Continuously monitors delivery to make sure the customer is receiving good service
• Shows a strong commitment to exceeding customer expectations
• Able to own responsibility for mistakes, apologise and make suitable changes to services
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful outcome.
• Able to take a complex task and breaking it down into manageable parts in a logical, detailed way.
• Thinks of multiple explanations or alternatives to a problem
• Able to identify the information needed to solve a problem effectively
• Performs tasks accurately and thoroughly, making adjustments to ensure needs are met
• Considers business priorities when making decisions or analysing the costs and benefits of various alternative solutions.
• Able to design presentations which are appropriate for the presentation.
• Able to present impactful presentations
• Presents only the most important points which relating to the presentation purpose
• Able to make presentations (visual aids) which are visually appealing and not too cluttered
• Able to maintain eye contact and project a professional image throughout the presentation
• Able to present information with confidence
Application Deadline: 10/09/2020