Posted on :
13 Apr, 2022
This role will be accountable for managing the end to end accounts payable process together with effectively
managing a team of Accounts Payable supervisors and administrators, in order to meet agreed financial
goals. The role will be reporting directly to the Head of Shared Services
Job Title: Account Payable Manager
Location: Isando, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: 5010651
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Key Accountabilities and Outputs:
Manage the following Accounts Payable Processes:
• Manage the entire Accounts Payable function from procurement phase up until payment phase.
• Ensure that AP linking is done timely by the AP team and that 3 way matches are done for every
transaction (PO/GRV/AP Invoice).
• Ensure that Supplier statements are obtained timely on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that monthly Supplier Reconciliations are done timely for every supplier and that all
reconciliations are appropriately reviewed.
• Ensure that all supplier accounts are up to date and liaise with other departments where necessary
to make sure that costs are brought in timely.
• Ensure that all Suppliers are paid as per supplier terms.
• Detailed Review and approval of the daily payments file.
• Ensure that payments are loaded on the banking profile correctly and that all appropriate checks are
done to validate payment amounts and banking details.
• Ensure that remittances and proof of payments are sent timely to suppliers.
• Prepare the monthly payments forecast.
• Ensure that supplier credit limits are not exceeded at any given time.
• Able to perform advanced Excel formula’s for reporting purposes.
• Able to present financial information to Senior Management.
• Ensuring that the Accounts Payable department adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that the Accounts Payable department adheres to all statutory requirements, especially
monitoring of correct VAT treatments.
• Provide oversight, guidance and coaching to all Accounts Payable team members.
• Ensuring that all team members in the Accounts Payable department are performing their tasks
efficiently, effectively and accurately at all times.
• Maintaining sustainable supplier relationships and ensuring that all supplier queries and matters are
dealt with appropriately and timely.
• Assist in resolving internal queries and maintaining relationships with other departments in the
• To work closely together with the Procurement department to drive continious improvement on
Meeting cashflow targets and working capital targets on a monthly basis.
• Provide detailed analysis on monthly accounts payable performance as well as commentary on the
movement of the age analysis.
• To perform a reconciliation between the monthly age analysis and the General Ledger.
• Assist the external auditors with all their audit requirements.
• Help identify gaps and opportunities for Accounts Payable process optimisation including improving
on current SOP’s.
• Track and monitor performance of Accounts Payable processes against KPIs and implement corrective
actions where necessary.
• Ensure that the agreed time tables for the Accounts Payable department (month-end and year-end)
are timeously adhered to.
• Oversight over cost control and to take the necessary action to mitigate any financial or statutory
• Perform ad-hoc tasks that are requested by the Head of Shared Services or CFO.
• While Job Descriptions are written up for the purpose of a basic outline of the work and
responsibilities associated with the Job, the Company encourages and expects all employees from
time to time, to assist with work that may not be a direct part of their job description
• Communication requiring a high level of diplomacy and sensitivity
• Proactive identification of functional problems related to a specific process or policy, determine cause
and impact, and choose the best alternative to solve the problem based on guidelines provided and
an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning the problem.
• Groups of individuals at a senior management level inside the organisation
• Helps others with their work.
• Meets commitments to team members or others in the organisation.
• Actively contributes to team discussions and the accomplishment of team work plans.
• Shares expertise and resources to help others address their needs.
• Seeks to include all those who can contribute to the most successful outcome and those who have a
stake in the results.
• Actively keeps all stakeholders informed.
• Attempts to reinvigorate team processes when progress is lagging: stays engaged even when not in
full agreement with the team’s direction.
• Accomplishes assigned tasks and goals: takes necessary actions to keep progress against objectives
• Prepares a roadmap for success.
• Ensures that all who need to know, are clear about the plan.
• Takes full responsibility for own actions and outcomes, including mistakes.
• Always acts in the company’s best interest, regardless of whether it is difficult or unpopular.
• Ensures others are on track for achieving their goals.
• Organises information to make it easier to analyse or see trends.
• Anticipates consequences and formulates alternatives.
• Establishes clear decision criteria for making informed choices.
• Seeks relevant information to better understand situations and problems.
• Conducts appropriate analysis; neither makes snap decisions or over-analyses.
• Sees relationships between various facts, figures or other information.
• Able to take a complex task and breaking it down into manageable parts in a logical, detailed way.
• Thinks of multiple explanations or alternatives to a problem
• Able to identify the information needed to solve a problem effectively
• Performs tasks accurately and thoroughly, making adjustments to ensure needs are met
• Considers business priorities when making decisions or analysing the costs and benefits of various
Planning and Organising:
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree (3 years) / Atleast NQF level 6 (Essential).
• Atleast 5 years’ experience as an Accounts Payable Manager (preferably in an FMCG business).
• SAP experience is essential.
• Advanced Excel, Word and MS Powerpoint skills are mandatory.
• Must have a proven track record of developing teams and functions.
Application Deadline: 19/04/2022