Posted on :
7 Sep, 2020
7 Sep, 2020
Accountable for specialist work outputs within defined quality standards, operating procedures and work routines. As a Creditors/Payments Administrator, you will be responsible to ensure excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders through exceptional Payment management of customer accounts & effective and efficient resolution of supplier queries.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Administrator
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference: # #677
Contract Type: Permanent
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Accounts Payable Administration
• Management of Supplier Payments aligned to policy
• Full and through understanding of the PTP process and procedures
• Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices to supplier statements
• Preparation and consolidation of all supplier reconciliations, documents to facilitate & support final payment decisions
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Updates & reports creditors by totalling unpaid suppliers
• Maintains supplier records through monthly review of Supplier masterdata.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from Procurement, internal departments, and from suppliers.
• Resolves valid or authorized claims by entering adjusting entries.
• Resolves payments by examining supplier statements, supplier history, payment terms; coordinating contact between creditors and internal departments
• Issuing of monthly supplier statements
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, and resolving purchase order contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
• Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos/claims.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
Adherence to the health, safety and environmental standards
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards as head of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation
• Conversant with relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures
• Maintains expected performance standards
• While Job Descriptions are written up for the purpose of a basic outline of the work and responsibilities associated with the Job, the Company encourages and expects all employees from time to time, to assist with work that may not be a direct part of their job description.
Qualifications and Experience
• National Diploma / NQF 6 (Preferred)
• Up to 3 years experience (Operational) FMCG, experience in a creditors department
Critical Success Factors
• Financial understanding & accuracy
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools & preferably an Advanced Excel user
• Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous
• Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and strive for results
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong team player
• Conscientious with follow-up & feedback
• Diploma in creditor’s management would be advantageous
• Routine communication with customers or clients
• Proactive identification of problems that are concrete and procedural, apply known solutions in line with guidelines provided or escalate more difficult problems to superiors.
• Others outside the organisation
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful outcome.
• Asks questions to identify customer needs or expectations
• Follows through and meets personal commitments to others on time
• Takes responsibilities seriously and consistently meets the clients’ expectations for quality, service, and professionalism.
• Continuously monitors delivery to make sure the customer is receiving good service
• Shows a strong commitment to exceeding customer expectations
• Able to own responsibility for mistakes, apologise and make suitable changes to services
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Helps others with their work.
• Meets commitments to team members or others in the organisation.
• Actively contributes to team discussions and the accomplishment of team work plans.
• Shares expertise and resources to help others address their needs.
• Seeks to include all those who can contribute to the most successful outcome and those who have a stake in the results.
• Actively keeps all stakeholders informed.
• Attempts to reinvigorate team processes when progress is lagging: stays engaged even when not in full agreement with the team’s direction.
Legal and Ethical Conduct
• Keeps current with all the laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities, or seeks counsel before acting
• Conforms with all laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities
• Keeps abreast of changes in standards applicable to one’s profession
• Acts in accordance with conventional ethical and professional standards
• Takes action to enforce legal, policy, ethical and professional requirements; exposes violations
Application Deadline: 10/09/2020