The Butterfly Art Project (BAP) is a non-profit organisation established in 2010 in Vrygrond, Cape Town. BAP offers art facilitation training, mentorships and networking with many partners bringing creativity and healing to children and adults from vulnerable communities.
Job Title: Programme Administrator
Location: Cape Town
Report to: Programme Manager.
Start Date: 11 January 2021.
Suitably qualified individuals with South African nationality or permit to work in South Africa are invited to apply.
- Venue organisation
- Recruitment of participants
- Support of trainers and coordinate training logistics
- Data management for monitoring and evaluation
- Shopping for programme activities, stock taking, ordering materials, recording and reconciling petty cash expenditures
- Cooperation with Operations and Finance Coordinator
- Supporting the Programme Manager and Programme Coordinator
- Contribute to teamwork and team meetings
- Education level: Matric or equivalent recognition of prior learning
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years working at an equivalent administrative job level, preferably in a development-related field
- Bilingual in English and another SA language
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask
- Excellent intercultural skills and good ability in one other South African language in addition to English (must have excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English)
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office software, internet-based applications and required social media sites
- The ability to work both as part of a team and independently, using own initiative
- Project administration skills are advantageous
- Personal characteristics: Self-disciplined, self-critical, reflects and adjust appropriately to lessons learned, believes that diversity is a strength, believes in the healing qualities of art, problem solving ability, creative, generous and committed to change;
- Licenses: Valid driver’s license and police clearance certificate (or proof of application thereof)
- Physical abilities: General good health and mobility.
BAP offers a salary commensurate with experience and will be discussed with the successful candidate. To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter, salary expectation and three contactable references to [email protected].
BAP reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. Incomplete applications will not be considered!
Application Deadline: Thursday, 5 November, 2020
For more about the Butterflies Art Project, refer to www.butterflyartproject.org