The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers. CANSA’s purpose is to lead the fight against cancer in South Africa. Its mission is to be the preferred nonprofit organisation that enable research, educates the public and provide support to all people affected by cancer.
Job Title: Enrolled Nurse
Job Location: Cape Town
The successful incumbent will be responsible for increasing the number of clients visiting our Care Centre through offering of Breast Examinations, pap smears, PSA finger pricks and on other nursing related services and screenings and also oversee nursing related support to cancer patients and their families. To drive services via the mobile clinic and CANSA Care Centre. To mobilise and develop communities that will enable the delivery of CANSA’s health programmes and actively initiate income generating activities to ensure sustainability.
- Increase number of clients visiting our Care Centre through offering of Breast Examinations, pap smears, PSA finger pricks and on other nursing related services and screenings
- Oversee nursing related support to cancer patients and their families.
- Clinic Services
- Working with a variety of cancer patients
- Observing and recording patient behaviour and progress
- Operating medical equipment
- Work with patients and their families, helping them make informed decisions about their health and lifestyle.
- Focus on preventative care by teaching patient’s positive health
- Volunteer Management
- Analyse community needs and compile action plan to penetrate community and ensure active involvement in the fight against cancer.
- Oversee the practical arrangements for ensuring that people from all sections of the community are actively involved and contributing towards the development of structures
- Recruit, train, coordinate, motivate and recognise diverse volunteers for all assigned activities
- Manage and support lead volunteers to meet service delivery targets by ensuring lead volunteers recruit, train and coordinate, motivate a diverse volunteer corps for all assigned community activities
- Manage contracted commission based community member(s) to whom large scale events are assigned
- Maintain and strengthen staff and volunteer partnership
- Implement standardised process for volunteer management and development
- Ensure adhering to CANSA standards, policies and procedures in all CANSA community structures
- Relationship/Team Development
- Identify income opportunities within the community and handover to fund development staff.
- Formulate an action plan to utilise community structures for various events
- Introduce CANSA’s national programmes and ensure in depth understanding of objectives and standards with regard to these programmes
- As part of regional staff: Assist with community based fund raising activities including the national programmes
- Network with influential role players within community to enhance/support the achievement of goals
- Adhere to standards and best practices
- Ensure all assigned events are achieving required benchmark standards
- Constantly evaluate and better community events according to CANSA’s best practices
- To equip and guide all volunteers
- Ensure all programmes and projects achieve targets within the related timelines
- Ensure complete and accurate information is captured and reported to appropriate databases in accordance with established timelines
- Present a professional image both internally and externally
- Stay abreast of knowledge and skills relevant to income development
- Cancer Control
- Establish and maintain patient care volunteer base in order to offer holistic Home Based Care service to patients and families
- Establish and maintain Mentoring Teams in order to mentor and coach patient care volunteers and offer professional service to patients and families
- Improve and maintain referral systems in order to offer Home Base Care to patients
- Establish and maintain support groups in order to offer emotional and spiritual support to patients and families
- Maintenance of current and establishment of new agreements with service organisations
- Complete Patient and volunteer surveys from time to time to determine satisfaction with CANSA’s work methods and models
- Capacitate stakeholders and professional volunteers to improve service delivery to communities
- Ensure that Admin is maintained according to CANSA policies – completion of prescribed forms to be used in CANSA’s Home Based Care programme, monthly Dashboard statistics, Health Promotion Campaign planning format and record keeping as per Audit requirement
- Qualified Registered/Enrolled Nurse with proof of qualifications and paid up member of Professional Nursing Council is a pre-requisite.
- Qualifications in Primary Health or experience in Family Health will be an advantage
- Health and fitness
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Teamwork and people skills
- Observational skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Literate
To apply, submit your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2018