The Centre for Positive Care (CPC) is a Non Profit Organization working in three provinces namely Limpopo, Gauteng and North West, with a vision that all sex workers receive high quality treatment, care and support to improving their quality of life and productivity, and supporting the National Strategic Plan of South Africa in reducing HIV, STI and TB and to ensure greater participation and involvement of targeted beneficiaries in community systems strengthening and reproductive health and rights services.
Job Title: Seven (7) Social Auxiliary Workers
Job Districts: 2 in Bojanala (North West Province), 2 in West Rand (Gauteng Province), 1 in Greater Sekhukhune and 1 in Capricorn (Limpopo Province), and please indicate in your covering letter the District you wish to apply for.
The Social Auxiliary Worker (SAW) in the Sex Work programme will primarily be responsible for conducting individual assessments and providing therapeutic interventions for sex workers and the programme team.
- Social auxiliary worker qualification
- Experience in social auxiliary work.
- Experience in working in HIV programmes with key populations. Experience in sex work programming is beneficial.
- Experience in providing therapeutic interventions to women, victims of GBV, key populations.
- Facilitation skills.
- Computer literate in MW Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Report-writing skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player.
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality.
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times.
- Ability to travel as and when required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a social auxiliary worker.
Submit a detailed CV and covering letter with relevant attachments to [email protected]
. And please note that late applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Friday, 5 July, 2019