The Community Development Foundation Western Cape is a non- government volunteer-driven, charitable organisation that aims to strengthen its geographically defined community – the Western Cape – by facilitating philanthropy. Its unique approach is to partner with donors through designated funds or defined-interest funds to build permanent endowments which are used to support community projects.
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Cape Town
Appointment: Fixed term Performance Based Contract
Reporting to: CDF WCape Board of Trustees
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director is the Principal Accounting Officer of the Community Development Foundation Western Cape (CDF WCape) and is responsible for the strategic and operational aspects of CDF WCape’s objective and mandate.
In summary, the responsibilities of The Executive Director:
- Manage the portfolio of the CDF WCape Trust Fund, as governed by the Deed of Trust, the Rules and Regulations of the Trust, the annual programme approved by the Board and any other directives that might emanate from the Board;
- Oversee the work of CDF WCape, implementation of agreed plans, formulation of policies and procedures to guide the daily operations and CDF WCape team;
- Be accountable for the management of CDF WCape’s finances and ensure full compliance to internal controls and statutory requirements;
- Recommend the yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines;
- Assist the Board with strategic planning , advice on external developments that impact on CDF WCape mandate, recommend course of action to the Board;
- Recruit, develop and retain talent for critical positions approved by the Board;
- Proactively evaluates the achievement of critical CDF WCape projects, on time escalation to major deviations to the Board with recommended corrective actions;
- Liaise and lobby with existing and potential donors, sponsors, government departments, NPO’s and any other relevant agencies in the field;
- Mobilise resources for programs and overall sustainability of the CDF WCape.
- Enhance philathropy at local and hosrizontal level.
- Identifying suitable and forward looking projects or ideas, propose them to the Board for approval.
- CDF WCape Board Members
- Community Partners
- Goverment agencies
- Service Providers
- Company Executives
- Have an appropriate qualification and proven technical competence in a relevant field of study, such as Education, Sociology, Training and or Development, etc.;
- Has appropriate and relevant work and study experience in social research, development or co-operation;
- Have advanced project management experience;
- Financial management experience;
- Stakeholder engagement experiences with government, sponsors, companies;
- Be well-informed about government policies and programmes in social and community development;
- Be familiar with the NGO sector and international donor agencies in South Africa;
- Experience in Public Relations and maintaining positive image of the organisation;
- Determining financial needs of the organisation, and prepare fundraising proposals, and
- People management experience.
- Able to understand and interpret the changing context and adapt;
- Lead Individuals and Teams for results;
- Builds a relationship of trust, respect and confidence with key stakeholders;
- Foster open communication. Have excellent communication skills;
- Promote collaboration and team work;
- Engage and Inspire others for greater performance and commitment;
- Influence skills across levels ( Board , stakeholders, company executives etc.);
- Proactively develops relationships (internal and external, at various levels) with key decision makers;
- Embrace diversity and be able to work with people from different cultural background;
- Projects a sense of passion about “clients / projects / people”;
- Willingness to learn, adapt and change own thinking;
- Proactively recognises & rewards the achievements of his/her people and when necessary, gives constructive feedback;
- Have a high degree of initiative and a desire to deliver high-quality results;
- Have strong organisational and financial acumen;
- Inclusive decision making skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing skills;
- Be able to travel regularly, both nationally and international, and
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s license
Should you wish to apply for this position, you may submit your application together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae to the Chairman of the Board at e-mail: [email protected].
A more detailed job description will follow if selected for an interview.
Application Deadline: Friday, 22 January, 2021