The Community Organisation Resource Centre (CORC) is a nonprofit organisation working in informal settlements supporting communities to improve their built environment.
Through social facilitation and technical support, CORC assists in linking up informal settlements and civil society to the local government.
Job Title: Support Person
Job Location: Durban
Reference number: 040519
The purpose of the position is to provide technical support.
- Provide grass root (settlements) social support
- Engage with diverse population groups
- Give technical advice to local CBOs and informal settlement networks and other relevant stakeholders according to their GIS needs
- Capture by means of a GPS, edit and analyse data to create new GIS layers
- Produce GIS output including maps, map books
- Compile timely and accurate reports
- Matric certificate/ grade 12
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet)
- competency in at least one data analysis software (most preferably STATA)
- A recognised qualification in Geographic information system (GIS) or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ practical experience following qualification
- Knowledge of the ESRI products
- An understanding of the role of GIS in the development and spatial planning
- An understanding of building and implementing Geo-databases
- Organising and co-ordination qualities with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the EThekwini Metro area
- Ability to work non-traditional hours which may include weekends from time to time
- Planning and organising skills, with analytical, and negotiation skills, administrative skills
- Have report writing skills
- Ability to identify the community leaders and/or influencers in the various communities
Submit your CV and a one-page motivation to [email protected] state ref number and Job being applied for in the email.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 25 June, 2019