The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Practitioner
Job Location: Philippi Village, Cape Town
Duration: One year part-time fixed term contract 25 hours per week
- Provide a client focused youth friendly sexual and reproductive health service
- Collect study samples
- Gynecological examinations and colposcopy
- Maintain strict client confidentiality
- Provide pre- and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, for clients
- HIV testing
- Obtain blood and tissue samples and processing them as required
- Conduct study procedures including contraception, participant diaries etc
- Perform other client care procedures as required
- Enter data on case report forms and processing
- Perform Quality Control (QC) checks on CRFs and source documents
- Keep accurate statistics of client visits
- Order stock
- Nursing Diploma or Degree and registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner
- Sexual and Reproductive Health SRHS course certificate
- Minimum of two years nursing experience with a minimum two years’ gynecology experience
- Experience working with survivors of sexual assault / rape
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and counselling
- Due to the sensitive nature of the study protocol only female applicants will be considered
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of email, word processing and internet
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work harmoniously with youth of diverse backgrounds
- Client focused
- Ability to work in a team and to be able to foster a collaborative relationship with local clinics and hospitals
- Must be detail orientated
- Nursing experience within a research environment
- Working knowledge of an adolescent friendly clinical environment
- Training in Contraception including implant insertion
- Valid driver’s licence
- Applicants living locally
- Fluency in IsiXhosa
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification, details of three current contactable referees and proof of address to: Attention HR Manager [email protected] reference: #DTHF/C049
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our job portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 7th November, 2018