The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
Job Title: Socio-Behavioural Coordinator
Job Location: Masiphumelele Research Centre in Fish Hoek, Cape Town
This full-time permanent contract position
The Socio-Behavioural Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating socio-behavioural research activities at the Masiphumelele Research Site, provide quality assurance and ensure that research activities are completed within required timeframes.
- Research administration Coordinate behavioural research activities, schedule interviews and focus groups, oversee transcription, manage adherence counselling, and review participant files and data forms
- Line management of staff: manage a team of lay counsellors, qualified counsellors and social science interviewers by monitoring their performance, facilitating quarterly performance reviews, training staff, overseeing day to day activities, convening regular meetings, and ensuring compliance with organisational HR Policy
- Monitoring and evaluation of study compliance: create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for social behavioural activities; provide quality assurance to reduce errors and ensure SB activities are done timeously; perform regular QC’s on study documents and transcripts; and ensure that GCP principles are followed at all times
- Data collection and analysis: assist with conducting interviews and transcribing interview reports when needed; assist with analysing qualitative data and presenting study findings
- University qualification in the social sciences or another health research related field (Honours or Master’s degree advantageous)
- Two to four years’ behavioural research experience
- Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP) certificates
- Computer literacy (MS Office), Excellent typing skills; proficiency in word processing
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Client services skills
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong work ethic
- Staff management experience
- Fluency in isiXhosa
- Prior counselling, qualitative interviewing and/or transcription experience will be advantageous
- Project management experience, including experience in developing project management systems advantageous
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with a certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za
Job reference: #DTHF-C040
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our jobs portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
Application Deadline: 16th July, 2018