The DG Murray Trust (DGMT) sees itself as a strategic investor into social projects and a public benefit innovator. Our goal for South Africa is a flourishing people, economy and society in which every person has the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Towards this goal, our strategic aims for 2017 – 2021 are:
- To nurture an innovative and inclusive society;
- To keep all children on track by Grade 4; and
- To enable all young people to get their first decent job.
In order to achieve these aims, key areas of intervention are identified as Opportunities within the DGMT’s Five Year Strategy. The core team of Innovation Managers are responsible for driving this strategy forward through:
- commissioning or funding projects that can seize the opportunities for success;
- communicating the DGMT’s opportunities in ways that inspire leadership and action; and
- connecting people of like and unlike mind, who are committed to the same goal.
Job Title: Innovation Manager
Location: Cape Town
As an Innovation Manager in the team working to ensure that All Young People Get their First Decent Job, you will:
- Assess and motivate for the approval of grants to support initiatives linked to the DGMT strategy;
- Administer the grant through developing relevant agreements and reporting qualifications;
- Manage relationships with partners in ways that support organisations to implement effectively, and allow the organisations learn from their implementation;
- Work with partners to surface and communicate their implementation experience for greater strategic insight and influence;
- Review periodic reports on the implementation of supported initiatives for assessment of progress towards strategic aims;
- Commission additional support from experts to enrich or execute key areas of the strategy;
- Working with the team, support the success of the strategy by connecting with key stakeholders, partners, and ideas linked to the DGMT’s strategic aims and opportunities; and
- Develop key communications products that support the strategy (e.g. Op-Eds, blog posts, policy submissions, learning briefs, case studies).
At a minimum, the candidate must have:
- A relevant degree; preferably with a post-graduate qualification
- At least three years relevant experience
- Knowledge of current practices, trends and information in relevant fields of work within youth development, education, civil society and health sectors
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Analytical, with the ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals
- A track record in collaborating across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast paced work environment, managing multiple priorities under pressure
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
This is a permanent contract, and the position is based in Cape Town. Salary negotiable based on skills and experience. The position will require frequent domestic travel across South Africa.
Interested candidates should send the following to [email protected]:
- a short letter of motivation
- names and contact details of three references
Please include the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading.
Applications Deadline: 13 of May 2020.