The DG Murray Trust (DGMT) sees itself as a strategic investor into social projects and a public benefit innovator. Our goal for South Africa is a flourishing people, economy and society in which every person has the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Towards this goal, our strategic aims for 2017 – 2021 are:
- To nurture an innovative and inclusive society;
- To keep all children on track by Grade 4; and
- To enable all young people to get their first decent job.
The core team of Innovation Managers are responsible for driving this strategy forward through:
- Commissioning or funding projects that can seize the opportunities for success;
- Communicating the DGMT’s opportunities in ways that inspire leadership and action; and
- Connecting people of like and unlike mind, who are committed to the same goal.
Job Title: Innovation Manager – Keep All Children on Track by Grade 4
Location: Cape Town
As an Innovation Manager in the team working to keep All Children on Track By Grade 4, you will:
- Assess and motivate for the approval of grants to support initiatives linked to the DGMT strategy;
- Administer the grant through developing relevant agreements and reporting qualifications;
- Manage relationships with partners in ways that support organisations to implement effectively, and allow the organisations to learn from their implementation;
- Work with partners to surface and communicate their implementation experience for greater strategic insight and influence;
- Review periodic reports on the implementation of supported initiatives for assessment of progress towards strategic aims;
- Commission additional support from experts to enrich or execute key areas of the strategy;
- Working with the team, support the success of the strategy by connecting with key stakeholders, partners, and ideas linked to the DGMT’s strategic aims and opportunities; and
- Develop key communications products that support the strategy (e.g. Op-Eds, blog posts, policy submissions, learning briefs, case studies).
Our ideal Innovation Manager has:
- Three years of relevant work experience, but we are also interested in sparky, motivated, and ambitious people who might come from other sectors,
- Knowledge of current practices, trends and information in relevant fields of work within early childhood development, education, civil society and human capital development, and
- A relevant degree; preferably with a post-graduate qualification.
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Analytical, with the ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals
- A track record in collaborating across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, managing multiple priorities under pressure
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A valid driver’s license will be an added advantage
This is a permanent contract, and the position is based in Cape Town. Salary negotiable based on skills and experience. The position will require frequent domestic travel across South Africa.
Interested candidates should send the following to [email protected] with the following subject line “ACOT Innovation Manager”, failure to do so may result in your application not being assessed:
- A short letter of motivation (1 page)
- A 2 page CV
- Names and contact details of three references
Application Deadline: 13th May 2020, 15h00.