Posted on :
16 Jun, 2011
16 Jun, 2011
An opportunity has become available for an energetic trainee Visual Merchandiser to join the Markham Marketing Department.
The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for:
• Formulating visual merchandising solutions across three sports brands (Totalsports; Duesouth & sportscene).
• Support the implementation of campaigns; promotions in windows and instore.
• Liasing with the Brand Managers and marketing co-ordinators in obtaining relevant information to complete clear and detailed communication of promotions and campaigns.
• Liasing with Graphic designers to ensure timelines are met in regards to delivery of projects and manuals.
• Co-ordination of elements and components required for promotions, campaigns, store openings etc.
• Effective communication and liaising with staff at head office and store level.
• Window dressing, in-store housing and assembling of marketing materials.
Person requirements To apply for this position you need:
• To have a Business / Fashion / Marketing related degree or diploma
• To have displayed a strong entrepreneurial style, i.e. display strong trader mentality
• The ability to spot trends and execute accordingly
• A keen/strong interest in retail
• An eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills
• To be able to work your way through a highly structured development process whilst on training
• Able to work independently as well as within a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• To confidently influence and persuade at all levels
• To be able to make decisions and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
• Resilience and emotional maturity
• A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• MAC, Photoshop and Indesign competence would be advantageous
• To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS ATTACHED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ALL PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Degree requirements Business / Fashion / Marketing related degree or diploma
How to apply
Please apply online at www.iamme.co.za by 16 July 2010. Only online applications will be accepted
Location(s) Cape Town
Start date January 2012