Posted on :
20 Jun, 2011
20 Jun, 2011
An opportunity has become available for an energetic trainee Visual Merchandiser to join the Markham Marketing Department.
The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for:
• Formulating visual merchandising solutions across three sports brands (Totalsports; Duesouth & sportscene).
• Support the implementation of campaigns; promotions in windows and instore.
• Liasing with the Brand Managers and marketing co-ordinators in obtaining relevant information to complete clear and detailed communication of promotions and campaigns.
• Liasing with Graphic designers to ensure timelines are met in regards to delivery of projects and manuals.
• Co-ordination of elements and components required for promotions, campaigns, store openings etc.
• Effective communication and liaising with staff at head office and store level.
• Window dressing, in-store housing and assembling of marketing materials.
Person requirements To apply for this position you need:
• To have a Business / Fashion / Marketing related degree or diploma
• To have displayed a strong entrepreneurial style, i.e. display strong trader mentality
• The ability to spot trends and execute accordingly
• A keen/strong interest in retail
• An eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills
• To be able to work your way through a highly structured development process whilst on training
• Able to work independently as well as within a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• To confidently influence and persuade at all levels
• To be able to make decisions and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
• Resilience and emotional maturity
• A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• MAC, Photoshop and Indesign competence would be advantageous
• To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS ATTACHED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ALL PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Degree requirements Business / Fashion / Marketing related degree or diploma
How to apply
Please apply online at www.iamme.co.za by 16 July 2010. Only online applications will be accepted
Location(s) Cape Town
Start date January 2012
Offer valid till: 16 July 2011