The Global Teachers Institute (GTI) is a teacher development platform dedicated to strengthening teacher capacity and the quality of schooling in South Africa and across the world by changing the way teachers are trained. The GTI aims to empower student teachers, current faculty, school leaders, and education organisations by offering a range of programs that refocus teacher training and professional development on the principles of classroom excellence, consciousness development, and social responsibility.
The Future Leaders Programme (FLP) is a teacher training programme that provides school-based training, mentoring, and professional development to pre-service and in-service teachers. The program seeks to develop a new generation of highly capable educators by immersing pre-service teachers full-time in schools. The programme also seeks to provide in-service teachers with experiences to improve their own teaching practice, instructional leadership skills, and mentoring abilities.
Job Title: Assistant Regional Schools Co-ordinator
Location: Johannesburg Region
The purpose of the position is to support our RSC as trainer and representative in Johannesburg in its Future Leaders Programme.
- Support Future Leader Programme sites
- Lead training sessions, delivering curriculum and report writing
- Academic support for intern-teachers based in schools
- Conduct weekly professional development workshops
- Conduct lesson observations
- School visits, meeting with mentor teachers and school principals
- Form relationships with mentors and school heads for support
- Bachelor of Education, PGCE or Teaching Diploma
- Minimum three years teaching experience, with public school experience an advantage
- Additional experience in teacher development, school management or adult learning will be advantageous
- Valid driver’s license with own car. Frequent travel to schools within Johannesburg’s townships will be required.
- Strong administration skills, with ability to work independently and structure own time
- Ability to form meaningful relationships with a diverse of different people
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing and speaking
Submit a your application to [email protected]. Your application should contain:
- A one-page cover letter motivating your suitability to the position
- A maximum three-page Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing:
- All qualifications obtained
- All work experience, with detailed reference to all teaching experience (Phase, Level e.g. Head of Department)
- A minimum of 2 references from previous employers, with at least one in the last five years
- A copy of your current driver’s licence
- Your availability (we plan to make offers by latest 20 March 2020)
- Your current area of residence (you must be willing to relocate to Johannesburg by latest 1 May 2020)
Application Deadline: Friday, 13 March, 2020