The Health Foundation is a not for profit company that was established to facilitate innovative partnerships and mobilise resources for priority public healthcare projects. The Health Foundation has an official co-operation agreement with the Western Cape Government Health Department.
Job Title: Grant Manager
Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the job is to provide coordination on all stages of the grant funding process, from grant proposal writing and budgeting, to planning and implementation of grant programmes, thereby serving as support to Programme Directors.
- Ensure that the individual program deliverables and objectives on the grant are met by the program teams.
- Ensure that there is regular and robust reporting on progress of activities and objectives by the programs as relates to the financial, administrative and programmatic components of the grant.
- Ensure timeous and complete submission of progress reports to the funder and other interested parties.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Lead efforts to improve existing processes and establish standards of practice for effective grant contract/sub-contract management.
- Provide broad technical contractual guidance to project team, including advising staff to ensure compliance with donor policies.
- Ensure that invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions are carried out effectively in order to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Analyse the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants.
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization’s progress on grant programmes.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements.
- Enable grant governance by ensuring the relevant structures are timeously convened and that action points are followed though by program teams.
- Continuously monitor and escalate emerging financial, operational and programmatic risks to the grant execution.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or similar. Post-graduate degree is advantageous.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Grant Management, particularly in the Public Health sector.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive work experience in challenging finance/management roles, particularly in pre- and post-award grants management.
- Sound experience in administering grants and contracts. Experience with grants funded by NIH, USAID and other government agencies is highly desirable as well as grants funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Sound Project Management skills.
- Excellent communication, time management and budgeting skills.
If you feel that this post is for you, submit your CV to People Scope at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 14 December, 2020