The Higher Education and Training Health, Wellness and Development Centre, HEAIDS, is a non-profit company under the leadership of the Department of Higher Education and Training. HEAIDS works in partnership with Universities South Africa (USAf) and the South African College Principals Organisation (SACPO).
The organisation is a national force for youth development, inspiring and enabling students to safeguard their health and wellbeing, and pursue opportunities for personal growth and social responsibility.
Job Title: Regional Manager
Location: Gauteng, Cape Town and Durban
The Regional Manager is responsible for leadership and overall management of HIV/STIs/ TB, health and wellness and social change among young people and students related programmes at a regional level. The incumbent will be responsible for managing staff and offices in assigned regions as well as all stakeholder and strategic partnerships management. The Regional Manager also ensures that funding, grants and donor reporting at regional level is well managed.
Key responsibilities for this exciting and challenging senior position include:
- Compiling Regional Programme Reports all Higher Education and Training Health Wellness & Development Centre programmes
- Compiling regional reports for donors, Management Committee, Board, partners and other stakeholders (Provincial Government Technical Task Team, Provincial Stakeholders, National Forums)
- Programmatic Management of all grants provided by Higher Education and Training Health Wellness & Development Centre
- Mentorship and Performance Management of M & E Officers
- Overseeing of Performance Appraisals of the Campus Coordinators & Peer Mentors
- Managing of Higher Education and Training Health Wellness & Development Centre Monitoring & Evaluation System
- Developing & Managing of Strategic Partnerships & Stakeholder Engagements
- Managing & Overseeing of the Regional & Institutional Offices
- Communication, Advocacy and Lobbying
- Proven leadership and work experience in managing medium to large teams.
- Ad hoc Support to the CEO/Director of Programmes
The Regional Manager must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- A post-graduate degree in public health or related disciplines, preferably in Social Sciences
- A diploma in Business Administration or an MBA will be an advantage
- At least 5 years project and programme management experience
- Proven knowledge of HIV, health and wellness among young people in South Africa
- Sound knowledge of the South African Higher Education sector and relevant sector-related policy frameworks
- Advanced skills in grants management, budget preparation and budget monitoring
- Experience in donor reporting, with experience with USAID and PEPFAR reporting highly desirable
- Proven M & E experience, particularly in Sexual Reproductive Health programmes
- Excellent skills in communication, report writing and engagement with stakeholders
- High level of emotional intelligence with the ability to motivate, encourage and lead a team effectively
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Driver’s license essential
Please state clearly which region you are applying for.
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and complete the AA bio summary form in MS word format to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday 09th September 2019