The Carpenter’s Shop NPC t/a The Hope Exchange requires a Marketing and Fundraising Executive. The Hope Exchange (formerly known as The Carpenter’s Shop) has been operating from Roeland Street in the Cape Town CBD since 1981 and helps the homeless with a comprehensive and integrated range of social services that improves the lives of those living on the street, facilitates human development and leads to reintegration and reunification.
Job Title: Marketing and Fundraising Executive
Location: Reports to: Director
Start date: Commencing soonest
The purpose of the position will be to perform various marketing activities that increases The Hope Exchange’s profile and supports awareness and fundraising; and to undertake fundraising activities to secure and grow funding and donor income to meet The Hope Exchange’s strategic objectives and operational plans.
- To plan, develop and deliver communications, public relations and marketing functions.
- To identify, attract and secure new sponsorships, donations and funding grants.
- To write and distribute funding proposals to a targeted number of potential donors, trusts, foundations, institutions and international funders.
- To develop, nurture and maintain professional relationships with donors and to steward existing funder relationships.
- To support income generation and new business with the marketing of The Hope Exchange’s various social enterprises.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing and Fundraising.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- A relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
- Strong administration, planning and organizing skills.
- Action oriented and results driven.
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in digital and social media platforms.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite and the ability to use relevant CRM applications.
- Experience with, or an understanding of Salesforce will be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of the homeless phenomenon.
- A strong background in, or an understanding of the NPO sector will be beneficial.
Email your application in the form of a brief introduction and motivation letter (of less than 1 page) with attached CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 7 October, 2019