Commencing 1 January 2020, The Carpenter’s Shop NPC t/a The Hope Exchange requires a Social Work Manager. The Hope Exchange (formerly known as The Carpenter’s Shop) has been operating from Roeland Street in the Cape Town CBD since 1981 and helps the homeless with a comprehensive and integrated range of social services that improves the lives of those living on the street, facilitates human development and leads to reintegration and reunification.
Job Title: Social Work Manager
Location: Cape Town
The incumbent’s core responsibilities are to deliver professional social work practices, coordinate the effective delivery of services to clients and manage the social care team in meeting The Hope Exchange’s strategic objectives and operational plans.
Key Performance Areas:
- Social Work Direct Service Delivery
- Social Work Supervision
- Social Work Management and Administration
- Social Work Networking and Engagement
Required Competencies and, or Experience:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience as a qualified Social Worker.
- A current SACSSP registration.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Knowledge and understanding of the homeless phenomenon.
- Experience in shelter management will be advantageous.
- A strong background in, or an understanding of the NPO sector will be beneficial.
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite and the ability to use relevant CRM applications.
- Please quote “SWM-OCT19” in the subject line and on any application correspondence.
- Email your application in the form of a brief introduction and motivation letter (of less than 1 page) with attached CV to [email protected]
- The closing date for applications is Friday 25 October 2019.
- Should you not receive any feedback from us within 2 weeks of the above closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- The Hope Exchange reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment.
Application Deadline: Monday, 28 October, 2019