The Institute for Healing of Memories is a social healing non governmental organisation that works globally. IHOM strives to be a leading agent of hope, transformation and peace by empowering individuals, communities and nations through healing of memories.
Job Title: Director
Location: South Africa
The successful candidate for the position of Director will have:
- A post graduate degree or equivalent
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior non-profit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of IHOM’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the non-profit.
- Serving as IHOM’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance IHOM’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Overall responsibility for fundraising
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Letters of application should be sent to Canon Delene Mark: [email protected] on or before August 22, 2019 together with a CV and names and contact details of 3 referees.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 22 August, 2019