The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”.
Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) working in Mpumalanga, Free State and Limpopo Provinces from April 2019 – March 2022, with a centrally located head office in Johannesburg.
Job Title: Office Administrator
Overall Job Function
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Office Administrator will provide efficient and reliable office administration support to the IHPS head office.
The incumbent will provide efficient and reliable office administration support to the IHPS head office. Essential duties include but are not limited to:
1. Office Administration
- Assist the Admin Assistant to carry out reception duties as appropriate
- Respond to telephone queries and dispatch telephone calls and messages to staff.
- Support staff with photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, etc. as necessary
- Coordinate couriering and distribution of documents destined for regional IHPS offices and other external parties.
- Prepare IHPS inter-office correspondence and other relevant official correspondence as guided by Supervisors.
- Order office supplies, stationery and business cards for staff, as per IHPS procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinate staff ICT support e.g. data bundles and airtime, in close collaboration with Finance Officer.
- Manage petty cash and submit monthly petty cash reports to Finance Officer.
- Submit staff travel advance requests and travel reimbursement claims in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Finance Officer to maintain a current asset register for the national office
3. Human Resource (HR)
- Collate staff timesheets and other relevant payroll documents and submit to relevant head office units as appropriate.
- Work closely with HR to maintain a current IHPS leave management system e.g. keeping a leave register that adequately captures planned staff leave and leave taken.
- Collect staff leave forms and supporting documents (medical certificates, etc.) for submission to HR, including leave management information from regional offices.
- Support HR to keep up-to-date staff personnel files in a safe and secure place.
4. Travel and Meetings
- Collate staff travel requests and travel reimbursement claims for travel authorization/ approval by relevant Supervisor.
- Coordinate staff flight and accommodation bookings as per IHPS travel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate staff ground transport i.e. airport shuttle, car rental car and IHPS vehicle usage, as per IHPS travel policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update transport logbooks for IHPS vehicles.
- Collate all travel related supporting documents for submission to Finance Officer.
- Manage logistical preparations for meetings/ training workshops.
- Coordinate other IHPS events as directed by Supervisors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of other official languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in project or office administration;
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management and coordination skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive would of advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Certificate in office or business administration, finance or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an office administration position.
- Demonstrated experience in project administration for donor funded programs is desirable.
- Proven finance administration experience would be an added advantage.
- Communication, marketing, executive assistance or clerical training would be also be advantageous
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to [email protected]ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position and location/ officeyou are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 8 August, 2019