The International Labour Research and Information Group (ILRIG) is an independent NGO based in Cape Town and in Johannesburg. ILRIG provides popular educational resources and information for workers’ organisations, workers’ struggles and social movements in South Africa based on research on political economy, community struggles, feminism and international politics.
Job Title: Administrator/HR officer
Location: Cape Town
ILRIG seeks to generate alternative perspectives to that of neo-liberal capitalism, tasks include:
- Answering and managing switchboard
- Liaise with all service providers
- Deal with staff issues relating to SARS, Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Prepare requisitions and invoices (checking all invoices to be paid)
- Follow up on payments to service providers and requesting invoices.
- Filing financial documents
- Assisting with financial reporting
- Undertake travel bookings, securing venues and accommodation, booking catering and providing general logistic support for all Board meetings, staff meetings and evaluations, workshops and annual events.
- All filing (staff information, minutes of meetings, registers of meetings and workshops, financial documents, service level agreements)
- Keep and update all staff files
- A Human Resource/Administration qualification or any relevant qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, listening and telephone etiquette
- Ability to pay continual attention to detail and accuracy in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Good MS Office skills
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Candidates who are committed to and have been involved in struggles for social justice,
- Can work collaboratively in a democratic setting
Telephone 021 4476375 and send application letters, letters of motivation, CVs and 3 contactable work-related references to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 28 September, 2020