The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organization, with 151 member states, committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society.
Job Title: Receptionist Administrative/Clerk
Reports to: Chief of Mission and general guidance of the Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior HR/Admin Assistant.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Answer all incoming calls as required, with professionalism and correct etiquette, ensuring messages are passed on timely and with accuracy.
- Together with the security guards, screening of visitors before they enter into the premises to ensure maximum precaution is taken for the protection of staff and premises. Confirming appointments with relevant staff members, making sure that all visitors are wearing and IOM Visitors Card.
- Welcome visitors and respond to their enquiries and refer them to the correct department if necessary.
- Organize and assist with preparation of conferences and meetings.
- Everyday administration duties, printing of staff telephone bills, control of related accounts, filing of necessary faxes and documents and updating of all contact lists.
- Control of IOM Library, documents, IOM brochures and related documentation.
- Receive and direct migrant applicants appropriately.
- Communicate and provide non confidential technical information to migrants in order to assist and enable effective service to applicants.
- Communicate verbally and in writing between applicants/enquirers and relevant staff. Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, verbal or written instructions
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Degree/Certificate 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s or Equivalent or higher with one year of experience.
- Experience working directly with customers and clients
- Demonstrated accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- MS Office (Excel, Access, Outlook) and experience in working with online applications.
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an advantage
- Experience working with refugees/migrants
- Required Fluency in English oral and written.
- Advantageous Knowledge of local languages.
- Competencies & Values
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency, maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism, demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioral indicators
- Teamwork develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability, takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication, encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
If you are qualified for this position, please email the following to [email protected] under the REFERENCE: VNSA2019/06 in the subject line of your email:
- A cover letter motivating your application
- Detailed CV
- Copy of ID
- IOM Personnel History form which you will find on http://southafrica.iom.int in the vacancies section
Grade G3 (UN Salary Scale for General Staff)
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External and internal candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first- tier candidates and will be given priority over external candidates.
Application Deadline: Friday, 2 August, 2019