Posted on :
12 May, 2010
12 May, 2010
The Business Analyst is an individual who performs the functions of gathering business requirements, designing a solution and documenting them either textually or within models. They act as a liaison between business people who have a business problem and technology people who has the know-how to create an automated solution.
The Business Analyst also assists in process innovation efforts where an analysis of business processes at an organisational level is required. This is done prior to specifying additional detailed requirements that could possibly lead to system development and or process improvement.
This position is essential for the success of any project due to its significant role it plays as part of the project team.
Knowledge and skills requirements include:
· A balance of business and technical knowledge at conceptual level
· Ability to construct Data Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams and Flowcharts
· Object- Oriented analysis and design diagrams
· Communication and facilitation skills
· Problem Solving ability – breakdown of problem into components to be analysed
· Testing techniques – Strategy, specific techniques and implementation thereof
· Interviewing and other information and requirements-gathering skills
· Ability to define and write documentation
· An awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met
· Understands and applies commercial and financial principles.
· Creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues
· Demonstrates a broad-based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer-term impact or wider implications
Today, we are inviting you to be part of this dynamic organisation, with opportunities in Australia, South Africa and The United States.
Got what it takes? Contact [email protected]