The Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH), one of the oldest Child and Youth Care Centre’s in Johannesburg provided a ‘home away from home’ and cared for thousands of children over the past 127 years.
Job Title: Social Worker
The purpose of the job Fulfil a support role for the children by ensuring their social, emotional, psychological and physical needs are adequately met, according to the minimum standards of residential care, the Children’s Act 38 of 2005 and all other relevant legislation.
Key Performance areas:
- Effectively handling all statutory and social work matters in respect of allocated children.
- Provide effective and supportive counselling and therapy to allocated children.
- Be available after hours for urgent matters relating to allocated children.
- Manage all matters relating to the educational needs of the children, primary contact between educational institutions, manage placements and all administration.
- Design, implement and manage holistic therapeutic and development programme of allocated children.
- Oversee volunteer programme.
- Develop holiday programmes and manage all holiday and weekend arrangements.
- Accurate and regular administration, update and maintain electronic records and generate reports.
- Support Child and Youth Care workers through training.
Requirements for the Job:
- Social Work registration with the SASSP.
- Three year’s work experience with children.
- Statutory work experience will be an advantage.
- Counselling skills & Play therapy.
- Training Experience.
- Programme development and monitoring skills
- Exposure to M & E will be advantageous.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Driver’s licence and own car.
- Previous work experience at a CYCC will be advantageous.
Please send CV’s marked Social Work Manager to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 20 January, 2021
If you have not heard from us by 1 February 2021, please consider your application as unsuccessful.