The Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre is looking for an Enrolled Nurse for its facility in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal. The incumbent will work under the supervision of a Professional Nurse or Site Coordinator.
They will be primarily responsible for the supervision of the Outreach component of the Community WellBeing Programme (i.e. HCT, Peer Educators, Lay Counsellors, Quality Assurance, Adherence Clubs) and providing acute and preventative nursing care.
Job Title: Enrolled Nurse
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure evidence of appropriate service provision is documented.
- Ensure ongoing performance monitoring and mentoring/coaching (Within the scope of practice) to ensure Peer Educators/Lay Counsellors are competent to perform their duties.
- Identify peer educational needs and report these to the project co-ordinator/M&E officer for inclusion in training programme.
- Provide input into annual performance appraisals for Peer Educators/Lay Counsellors.
- Attend and provide input into meetings as required.
- Promote the use of DoH policies and procedural guidelines by all Peer Educators/Lay Counsellors.
- Ensure open disclosure based communication with communities and families in relation to events relevance to them.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of policies, procedures and related documentation.
- Manage stock or resources in accordance with immediate need in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in development of quality assurance initiatives.
- Ensure that accidents/incidents to any person on site are treated appropriately, immediately And recorded (including action taken) .
- Ensure duties are performed in accordance with job descriptions and support implementation of current best practice.
- Provide HCT and oversee HISSS (HIV Self Screening and Testing).
- Ensure the provision provision of HCT on the go in accordance with DoH policies and procedures.
Interested candidates to please submit a brief cv and supporting documents to [email protected], and at least (2) traceable references
Application Deadline: 22 May 2020, 14h00