The Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre (the LGBTI Centre) is community-oriented wellbeing and human rights focused services, training and advocacy organisation. They provide direct services, outreach youth and community well-being programmes, support and education primarily to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals and/or communities, Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM) and Women Who Have Sex With Women (WSW) in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN).
We are a drop-in safe space and Key Populations’ Clinic. Lesbian & Gay Community & Health Centre (a project of the KZN Coalition for Gay & Lesbian Equality)
Job Title: Professional Nurse, and registered with SANC
Location: Port Shepstone and Richard’s Bay, KwaZulu-Natal.
Opportunity Type: 10 months Contract Opportunity
Start Date: 1 June 2020
- Must have 3 years+ experience working in Public Health Care facilities.
- Travel and overtime may be required from time to time.
- Must be contactable after working hours.
- May be required to work at sites that are under resourced and operate in highly pressurised environment.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
- Communicate effectively with all external stake holders such as donors, Department of Health (DOH), community and other partner organisations.
- Their responsibilities will include site coordination,
- Clinical management of patients including initiation on ART/PrEP,
- Site assessment,
- On-site training,
- Quality improvement as per NDOH Guidelines.
- Establish a baseline needs assessment for allocated area
- Plan a tailored approach in conjunction with programme/project manager/project co Ordinator and technical experts taking into consideration the needs and priorities of the area
- Develop a project plan and timeline for addressing the identified needs and priorities
- Deliver and address issues of quality in health systems including clinical services such as adult HIV treatment and general chronic care, HIV wellness programmes.
- Deliver and address issues of quality in health care systems including tuberculosis screening and care, Nurse-initiated and managed ART, PMTCT, Paediatric diagnosis, care and treatment and sexual and reproductive health.
- Integrate preventative health services and awareness of social determinants of health.
- Review challenges and achievements and institute corrective action
- Compile and disseminate reports to relevant stakeholders
- Integrate feedback from reports into programme implementation plan and subsequent progress reports.
- Participate in regular planning sessions with relevant teams and other stakeholders.
Interested candidates to please submit a brief cv and supporting documents to HR@gaycentre.org.za, and at least (2) traceable references
Application Deadline: 22 May 2020, 14h00.