The NMF contributes to the making of a just society by mobilising the legacy of Nelson Mandela, providing public access to information on his life and times, and convening dialogue on critical social issues.
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Communications Director at the Nelson Mandela Foundation
The purpose of this position is to Implement communications processes for the Communications Division to support the Foundation’s programmes towards promotion of social justice, human rights and the legacy of Nelson Mandela. Monitor, evaluate and report all communication functions to ensure efficient and coherent communication of the institution’s messages. Position the NMF brand through Marketing and Advertising activities.
- Constant screening all media, inclusive of social platforms, published media, direct relationships, networking and communication to proactively identify social needs.
- Research trends, community climate, social and political climate ensuring needs and social injustice issues are proactively identified.
- Conduct research and oversee communication produced by NMF for media and public release
- Establish and maintain platforms to communicate and advocate the NMF vision to the public.
- Support the operations of the production of the Annual Report and other publications.
- Constantly maintain key stakeholder relationships.
- Support and coordinate all media relations for Dialogue, Mandela Day, Annual Lecture,Exhibitions and other NMF activities.
- Keep all employees informed about NMF activities.
- Support and coordinate online and social media content development and implementation.
- Develop and manage NMF marketing plan.
- Co-ordinate staff activity or event related
- Continually communicate with partners on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate and manage (coordinate) all activations
- Develop and manage NMF brand.
- Keep an oversight role over the institutional brand as well as those sub-brands of the institution.
- Advise the institution on brand association with external parties or stakeholders.
- Monitor the brand use, abuse and underuse and intervene with corrective actions.
- Facilitate product development for the organisation relating to its sub-brands.
- Facilitate all activations and support the eventing function with positioning and publicity.
- Constantly analyse and monitor brand performance of the institution, its programmes and those of the broader markets.
- Understand trends and shifts in brand development and performance.
- Implement content decisions by the Message Hub, the Director and other executives (management) of the NMF
- Support content planning and implementation for all platforms
- Drive the internal communications in collaboration and support of Human Resources.
- Degree / Diploma (Marketing; Communications; Public Relations) + 2 years’ experience or at least 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent and proven writing and editing skills
- Experience planning, managing and executing successful communications, marketing, PR campaigns
- Prior experience writing content, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Understanding of social media dynamics & use for impact communication
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a high performing team environment.
- Powerful communicator
Effective team player: Meet deadlines, put out fires, multitask. Work fast and work well with others.
Experience handling highly confidential information in a professional manner.
Self-sufficient proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications.
Should you be interested and feel you are suitably qualified for this position, please send your updated CV to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Sunday, 2 February, 2020