The Parent Centre is a Non-Profit Organisation, primary preventative organization, based in Wynberg Cape Town, offering comprehensive parenting counselling, education and support services.
The employment opportunity for community-based work with teenage parents and care-givers, and father of all ages, is open to suitably qualified applicants who have at least 2 year’s experience working with youth and families.
Job Title: Community Development Worker
Location: Cape Town
Type of Employment:Contract, full time position (40 hours per week)
- Implementation of The Parent Centre’s Teen Parenting programme in schools and communities, and will include liaison with schools and community-based organisations, recruitment and administration.
- Facilitation of community-based Parent Support Groups
- Networking and community-based talks
- Implementation of The Parent Centre’s Fatherhood Training programme with community-based and non-profit organisations, as well as interested fathers. This will include networking and liaising with organisations working with fathers, recruiting, administration and the development of training materials.
- Matric certificate
- SAPS Clearance Certificate
- At least 2 year’s experience working with youth and/or families
- An understanding of Adolescence and an ability to engage positively and firmly with adolescents
- Confidence to engage on a professional level with school principals and staff and other community-based professionals
- An understanding of fatherhood and/or men’s issues
- Confidence to train a group of fathers of all ages, backgrounds, and life experiences
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Proficiency in isiXhosa and english – verbal and written/administrative skills
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to take initiative, plan, work both independently and cooperatively, and with diligence
The following would be advantageous:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Afrikaans
- Parenting experience and experience of working with fathers or men
If you meet the requirements, please
Submit a motivation letter and CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 30 November, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, screened and interviewed.