The President’s Award for Youth Empowerment Trust is a registered NPO that empower young people between the ages of 14 and 24, by providing a balanced, non-competitive framework for self-development that will increase their self-esteem and enhance their capacity to achieve in whatever context they find themselves, enabling them to become responsible active citizens within their communities.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Western Cape.
Employment Type: 6-month contract position (with possible full-time appointment after 6 months) to the successful candidate that can deliver and ensure the quality of the Award Programme in order to increase Award Participation in the Region.
Remuneration: Salary commensurate with proven competence and experience in the stipulated KPAs.
- A Degree/Diploma in Education or Social Sciences.
- Work Experience:
- More than 3 years’ experience in the NGO environment is an added advantage. The candidate must be fluent in English with excellent report writing skills, as well as be committed to working as part of a team.
- Skills Required:
- Computer literacy
- Must have a valid driver’s license that has been in existence for over 2 years.
- KPI 1 – Implementation and facilitation of the Award Programme:
- Assist with identification, recruitment, orientation, supervision and monitoring of new volunteers in the Award Programme – designated area(s)
- Planning and executing of regular site visits for quality control and support purpose within the participating Award Units.
- Organising Special Projects and Events that relate to young people activities.
- Consult and meet with participants when conducting site and/ or group visits.
- Ensure quality Programme delivery of the 4 Sections; encourage completion of all 3 levels. (Bronze, Silver and Gold) by participants.
- Work closely with the HOP and Programme Manager (WC) on strategic planning and forecasting.
- The timeous assessment of Award participant record books/Portfolios of evidence
- KPI 2 – Funder- specific Project(s):
- Assist with the organising of meetings/workshops/conferences/special projects and functions.
- KPI 3- Administration:
- Attend monthly operation meetings.
- Monitor and record progress and interview reports to the different levels of LFL, READY and Phakama and submit timeously to the National Office.
- Compile monthly stats on enrolment’s according to the difference levels for LFL, READY and PHAKAMA and submit timeously to National Office.
- Complete assessment of portfolio of evidence within 2-4 weeks of receipt
- KPI 4- Regional Office Administration
- Ensure implementation of all TPA admin policies and procedures
- KPI 5 – Financial Management:
- Submit accurate claims forms, travel log sheets and receipts
- Submit claims for payments timeously
Applicants must submit a detailed CV of no longer than 3 pages with contactable references, together with a one-page motivation to [email protected]/. The right not to make an appointment is reserved.
Application Deadline: Monday, 24 February, 2020