The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases.
CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
The Program Manager will be responsible for the management, operations, program, staff management, and oversight of the Sub-Office. This position reports to the Coordinator – Management and Training based in Nairobi, Kenya, and directly supervises six positions: Staff Security Officer, IT Officer, Field Processing Supervisors, Logistics Officer, and Records and Reports Assistant.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Overseesing all aspects of program management, employee relations, and compliance with CWS, RSC, PRM, and USCIS policies and procedures
- Maintaining regular communication with the Senior Management Team at RSC Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
- Ensuring that all Pretoria Sub-Office Administrative functions are compliant with the existing Administration SOPs and other policies and guidance
- Ensuring that all Pretoria Sub-Office Program functions are compliant with PRM guidelines, CWS policies, Programs SOPs and other policies and guidance
- Providing direct oversight of logistics, general services, information technology, finance, and human resources functions of Pretoria Sub-Office
- Participating in the budget-making process and relays budgetary needs of the Sub-Office to the Finance Manager, RSC Africa Director and Deputy Director for Administration
- Consultingwith the RSC Africa Director and Coordinator – Management and Training and provides effective leadership to refugee case processing activities, including identifying strategies to efficiently move cases forward
- Providing direct supervision and leadership to Staff Security Officer, IT Officer, Field Processing Supervisors, Logistics Officer, and Records and Reports Assistant, including yearly performance evaluations, monitoring professional development, and coordinating leave
- Overseeing on-boarding of new staff, establishes performance expectations, monitors staff performance and provides objective feedback on a timely and regular basis
- Ensuring well-being of Pretoria Sub-Office staff is maintained at all times
- Promoting a workplace that provides safe space for all and upholds open door and escalation policies
- Maintaining collaborative and productive working relationships with USRAP partners, including US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all responses regarding security or emergency health crises that may arise, in conjunction with the CWS Staff Security Coordinator, Regional Representative, RSC Africa Director and the CWS corporate center.
The Program Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years of relevant paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Eight years of paid work experience is required
- Three years of direct supervisory experience is required
- Experience in overseas processing or US refugee resettlement is required
- Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
This position is open only to South African nationals and candidates that are legally eligible to work full time in South Africa.View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Wednesday 18th March 2020