The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases.
CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
Job Title: REGIONAL SECURITY RISK MANAGER
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
The Regional Security Risk Manager will be responsible for supporting, implementing and ensuring the systematic application of safety and security risk management policies and procedures for all CWS Africa operational areas in the Southern African region. This position reports directly to the Pretoria sub-office Program Manager with indirect oversight from the Staff Security Coordinator based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and periodically review security plans and standard operating procedures in areas of operation
- Maintain up-to-date information of staff movement in multiple locations.
- Request security guards’ deployment, oversee performance of the contracted security guards in the Pretoria sub-office and conduct regular security briefings.
- Organize, train, and coordinate Floor Wardens in line with CWS Safety and Security Manual.
- Periodically conduct drills to assess level of response including testing of the panic button.
- Collect, update and communicates information regarding the security situation in areas of operation using existing CWS security manual guidelines.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Administration Supervisor on servicing of fire extinguishers and firstaid boxes to ensure that offices are OSHA compliant.
- In-house periodic motor vehicle inspections to ascertain validity of Insurance and Inspections.
- Conduct international staff residential security site assessments as requested, and advises staff on the findings.
- Conduct evacuation & lockdown drills using CWS security manual guidelines and after action review.
- Monitors and reports on security conditions in countries where CWS/ RSC operates, assesses threats to CWS staff and partners, and provides staff advice to manage risk.
- Compile and issue Weekly Regional Security Updates including the dissemination of INSO Monthly.
- Provide security orientation/briefing to all new staff and visitors in the Pretoria sub-office within 24 hours of their arrival.
- Provide security and refresher trainings to all floor wardens using existing CWS Security manual.
- Train all new staff on safety and security procedures and provide periodic refresher training to regular staff.
The Regional Security Risk Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a security, humanitarian or development or discipline related field, or eight (8) years of paid work experience in the same field in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Eight (8) years of paid work experience is required.
- Experience in conducting security risk assessments required.
- Experience in compiling and drafting security reports including incident reporting is required.
- Experience in coordinating response to security emergencies required.
- Previous experience working with similar INGO or humanitarian agency for at least two (2) years is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and other international NGO security frameworks.
- Sensitivity to gender and cultural issues.
- Excellent communications skills, with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of French or Arabic is also desirable
This position is open only to South African nationals and candidates that are legally eligible to work full time in South Africa.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page atwww.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 16th October 2020