The overall responsibility is to strengthen and improve the quality, performance and impact of the SARCS programmes by providing support on planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation in all the National Society Programmes.
The Programmes Manager will also be responsible for providing highly skilled technical and professional leadership on both strategic and programmatic direction in the design, implementation and evaluation of integrated emergency and development programmes to support needy communities in the area of disaster risk reduction, Community Based Health and Care, Livelihood and Food Security.
Job Title: Programmes Manager
Reports to: Secretary General
- Preparing annual plans and budgets and ensuring that the plans, objectives and functions of the organization are achieved within the planned time frame.
- Ensuring timely compilation and preparation of the organization’s periodic finance and programmes reports, and submission to donors and stakeholders.
- Planning and developing project proposals to source for funds
- Supervising programmes staff (Provincial Managers, Branch Managers, National office Programme staff and ensuring goals and objectives of the programmes are met. .
- Ensuring that the recruitment of project staff is carried out in accordance with the organization laid down procedures and maintaining sound operational systems.
- Designing and implementing administrative directives that will allow SARCS to improve efficiency and performance, coordinate regular Management meetings and ensure that administrative procedures are understood and adhered to
- Assist the Secretary General in developing SARCS within South Africa, encouraging volunteerism and the development of the network of SARCS, and liaising with members and officials of Government, Community leaders, executives of other NGOs and Red Cross Provincial chairpersons.
- Develop programmes plans, supervise & monitor implementation.
- Act as the Secretary General in his/her absence.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Establish planning, reporting monitoring and evaluation structures and systems at country level (national, provincial and Branches);
- Review, develop and adapt PMER tools as appropriate to national context;
- Ensure PMER capacity building in planning, monitoring and reporting at all levels (national, provincial and Branches);
- Supervise regular data collection exercises and monitor programme trends;
- Contribute to continuous learning, performance and accountability in the National Society by identifying and sharing best practices in planning, performance measurement and reporting.
- Contribute and support related planning and performance measurement activities of the National Society.
- Be responsible for the SARCS Procurement/ supply chain:
- By Setting up and Managing the NS procurement unit, set strategic contracts, Framework Agreements, Monitor business trends and product availability,
- By conducting local Market analysis
- By developing procurement strategy and procurement work plan for whole Ns
- Monitor and support the Procurement personnel in Branch level, to ensure better internal review and validation mechanism is in place for procurement processes to strengthen compliance and reduce risks for the organization
- Fluent in English and excellent writing and editing skills
- Team building skills, working with people at various levels and with different backgrounds.
- Good all-round computer skills (windows, excel, access and other statistical packages).
- Training and facilitation skills on components of project management.
- Skills in budgeting, financial and development of logical framework.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Studies, Project Management or development related discipline
- Excellent understanding and/or knowledge in result-based management, project design, and project cycle management
- 10 years’ experience in Management position, social researching, monitoring, evaluating and writing narrative and financial reports.
- Experience in procedures and reporting requirements of donor organizations.
- Experience working for a humanitarian/development organization is an added advantage
All application letters with comprehensive CVs, and at least three (3) traceable references should be emailed to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 1 May, 2020