The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament as a humanitarian organization auxiliary to the Government in the humanitarian field. The auxiliary mandate of SARCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act, demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Governments efforts in Disaster management, Social Services and Health Services.
The SARCS service provision aims at preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, and restoring the dignity of the most vulnerable communities.
Job Title: Human Capital Coordinator
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Human Capital Coordinator will be responsible for the effective design, development and implementation of human resources policies, strategies and systems aligned to strategic objective. Specific duties include workforce planning, recruitment & selection, training & development, and performance management system. The Human Capital Coordinator is responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of the society’s human resources department.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To restructure and strengthen the human resource and records management system of the Society.
- Develop and implement Human Resources procedures aimed at enhancing workplace relations to gain employee commitment, improve morale and ensure fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Confer with relevant government agencies and professional bodies on the interpretation and application of the Society’s employment terms and conditions of employment to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Support the development of job descriptions and competency profiles in consultation with supervisors to facilitate staff recruitment and selection.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process to ensure recruitment of qualified and competent human resources comprising professional, technical and supporting staff
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of staff induction and on-the-job orientation programmes aimed at providing new staff with relevant information about the technical and social aspects of their work
- Coordinate the implementation of the Performance Management System and ensure that individual and work-team performance is continuously monitored
- Oversee proper maintenance, storage and security of staff records to ensure integrity of data and information related to human resources management
- Coordinate resolution of employee grievances and disciplinary cases and assist employees to find satisfactory solutions to personal problems through counselling services
- Coordinate the support service of the Society and supervise all administrative staff
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word and spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of payrolls systems
Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field
Minimum of five years’ work experience.
A valid driver’s license is a requirement
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
APPLICANTS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS.
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Three work related and traceable references
- Certified copy of identity card
- Certified copies of academic certificates
- Certified copy of drivers license
If you consider yourself to be the best candidate for these positions, please send your application letter, together with your CV and work-related references on or before to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 29th May 2020