The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament as a humanitarian organization auxiliary to the Government in the humanitarian field.
The auxiliary mandate of SARCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act, demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Governments efforts in Disaster management, Social Services and Health Services. The SARCS service provision aims at preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, and restoring the dignity of the most vulnerable communities.
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Supply Chain Officer is responsible for setting up and managing the Societies procurement unit. He/ She will take the lead in setting up strategic contracts, framework agreements for SARCS Branches, Provincial and National office by coordinating procurement planning processes, awarding of tenders and supporting field offices.
The Officer will monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality and delivery timelines,
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for the setting up and management of the SARCS procurement Unit.
- Conduct local market analyses to identify market segment and potential suppliers
- Develop a contracting strategy to cover the market categories for identified program needs
- Supports program staff in the set up and updates of procurement plans and manage the Society’s consolidated master procurement plan and producing procurement reports.
- Develop procurement strategy in which decentralization versus centralization purchase benefits are evaluated, best contracting strategy is developed and set up, and develop procurement work-plan for the Branches.
- Put in place suppliers lists in link to different market segments, manage sub-contracting risks
- Set up ways of working, procedures, internal control system within the unit
- Manages Branches and Provincial expenditures beyond an established threshold ensuring compliance to SARCS procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure that an internal review and validation mechanism is in place for procurement processes managed at Branch level to strengthen compliance and reduce risks for the organization.
- Communication and good interpersonal skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Computer skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Bachelor degree in Logistics and Procurement Management with practical experience in supply chain management. Membership of a professional purchasing and supply professional body is a requirement.
- At least five years management level experience in logistics in the NGO or corporate sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments. A valid drivers license is a requirement.
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICANTS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS.
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Three work related and traceable references
- Certified copy of identity card
- Certified copies of academic certificates
- Certified copy of drivers license
If you consider yourself to be the best candidate for these positions, please send your application letter, together with your CV and work-related references on or before to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 29th May 2020