The SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) is a youth-centred organisation dedicated to gender-equal youth health. SAT works across the SADC region, with country programmes in Botswana, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and a regional office in South Africa. We support over 100 communities, NGOs, CBOs and activists to help adolescents walk healthy, happy, confident and safe pathways to adulthood.
Job Title: Regional Finance Manager
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The purpose of the position will be to manage and coordinate all financial accounting, policies and procedures to facilitate delivery of SAT’s strategy; produce reports for the SAT Region for submission to the Senior Management Team, the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee, the Board of Directors and the SAT Donors. Provides support to SAT’s partner organisations in accounting and capacity building.
- Co-ordinating the production of consolidated monthly financial information and reports across all SAT offices
- Producing financial reports for donors
- Managing the regional finance department and regional finance records
- Coordinating the planning and execution of audits (annual external audits and ad hoc donor audits)
- Producing the annual consolidated financial statements for the SAT group and the financial statements for Regional Office
- Ensuring existing financial controls are adhered to and recommend improvements where needed
- Leading the annual budget exercise
- Managing cash flows and monitoring performance against budget.
- Have at least five years financial management experience working in a donor grant management environment, or in a financial environment with strong financial controls and procedures
- Be educated to degree level and have a recognized professional accounting qualification (Chartered accountant or CIMA preferably)
- Have a proven track record of managing/supervising staff and coordinating the work of teams
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Have excellent analytical, report writing and general communication skills
- Have high-level computer literacy skills in Pastel Accounting/Evolution, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Be a mature and ethical individual with high personal standards of trustworthiness, honesty and accountability
- Be able and willing to occasionally travel both within and outside of South Africa.
- an opportunity to gain exposure and experience of working with international cooperating partners, regional and national organisations in a high profile, long-established regional organization
- a professional working environment in the heart of Rosebank, Johannesburg
- a competitive market-related salary package based on experience, qualifications and skills.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email indicating the position being applied for, and attaching a motivating letter, together with your CV and two contactable references, to Senzi Radebe at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 14 October, 2019