The St Joseph’s Home is a paediatric intermediate healthcare facility providing holistic medical and rehabilitation care for children with life threatening and life limiting conditions.
The Home was established by the Pallottine Missionary Sisters and is run according to a Christian/Catholic ethos. The current staff complement is approx. 130, the majority of whom are nursing and professional therapy staff with HR, Operations and Fund development as support services.
Job Title: Staff nurses and Enrolled Nurses
Location: Cape Town
Reports to: Registered nurse on duty
- all staff nurses are to work 7/7 shifts and must be able to work night shifts.
- Experience in paediatric care is essential.
- Computer literacy is essential
- 2 years’ experience required
- SANC registered.
- Must have an understanding of chronic life limiting and life threatening medical conditions
- Key Duties are as follows:
- Shift staff supervision – attendance, morale, etc.
- Allocation of daily tasks to ENA and carers.
- Drawing up individual patient nursing care plans
- Administration and ordering of medication
- Ensure patients records and general admin requirements are completed timeously
- Participation( provide input ) in Performance appraisal discussions
- Hands on bed side nursing care
- Staff on the job training
- Manage the children’s behaviour according to disciplinary protocols and reward systems
- Ward shift handover.
- Manage complicated nursing care ( Wound)
- Referrals and liaison with multidisciplinary health team , internally and externally
- Supervising /education visiting parents on the ward
- Enrolled Nursing Assistant
- Reporting to the Ward supervisor( RN/SN) the ENA is responsible for the provision of nursing care to patients with Life limiting and life threatening medical conditions
- Key duties are as follows:
- Vital signs and observations and reporting
- Completion of patient records
- Trachea care
- Wound care
- Oxygen therapy.
- Diabetes blood glucose monitoring
- Bladder and bowel care
- Feeding/tube feeds /
- bathing and general patient hygiene
- Escorting children to hospital as required ( high risk patients)
Please email a motivational letter and a detailed CV and to the HR manager on [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 September, 2019