The St Joseph’s Home is a paediatric intermediate healthcare facility providing holistic medical and rehabilitation care for children with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions.
The Home was established by the Pallottine Missionary Sisters and is run according to a Christian/Catholic ethos. The current staff complement is approx. 130, the majority of whom are nursing and professional therapy staff with HR, Operations and Fund development as support services.
Job Title: CEO
Job Location: Cape Town
Purpose of the position is to manage the implementation of the Home’s strategy, ensuring that the vision and objectives of the Home are achieved.
- Strategic planning
- Create a vision that is singular and that provides unity and inspiration
- Preparation and presentation of 5-year strategic plans for Board consideration and approval.
- Manage the implementation of the Home’s strategy as approved by the Board.
- Report to the Board on the implementation of the Home’s strategy.
- Research best practice models and keep up to date with latest developments in the field.
- Maintain and develop the relationship with the Dept. of Health and other government departments, e.g., the Dept of Social Development and the Dept of Education.
- Reporting and Board relationship
- Participate in Board meeting and other Board committees.
- Prepare reports and meeting packs for the Board, Remuneration and Nomination Committee, and Risk and Audit Committee.
- Prepare and/or edit reports and articles for public dissemination.
- Human resources:
- Complete recruitment, appointment, retention and management of a strong, appropriately skilled, capable management team with the knowledge and experience to implement the strategic vision and plans of the Home (with written approval of the Board).
- Complete recruitment, appointment, retention and management of strong, appropriately skilled and capable staff.
- Performance management of direct reports.
- Ensure HR practices are updated and in line with relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure that all managers adhere to the HR practices.
- Financial Sustainability
- Together with Finance Manager, prepare annual budgets for approval by the Board.
- Together with other members of the management team explore avenues for raising additional funding.
- Be accountable for the successful financial management of the Home.
- Governance and policy development
- Ensure sound financial management processes.
- Monitor the monthly management accounts.
- Ensure that operational policies and procedures are updated and adhered to in all areas of the Home.
- Relationship with the Pallottine Order
- Provide the link between the Home and the Provincial Head of the Order by ensuring continual communication and opportunities for placement of Pallottine Sisters within the operations of the Home.
- Donor relations and public awareness
- Assist the Resources Development Manager by opening doors and creating opportunities for building new relationships/business partnerships.
- Manage the public reputation and image.
- Relationship with the School
- Attend the school governing Board meetings representing the interests of the Home and ensuring that the educational needs of the children are met.
- Qualification and experience:
- The position requires a thorough understanding and adherence to the “Christian Faith ”
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in health or allied sector
- Post Grad qualification would be preferable
- 5-10 years’ experience in leading a health service provider NGO
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships and partnerships
- Gaining commitment
- Strategic leadership
- Strategic decision making
- Leading and guiding others
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Business acumen
- Innovation and facilitating change
Please send a full CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 26 July, 2019