The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and campaigning within the health system to ensure that every person with HIV has access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
Job Title: WBS Health Navigator
Job Location: Western Cape
Duration: Four Months
Start date: August 2018 to December 2018
Reports to: MSF WBS Counsellor (Technical Manager) and TAC Supervisor (Line Manager)
Working Hours: 40h/week in shift to cover: 07:30 to 18:00 from Mondays to Friday and 09:00 to 14:00 on Saturdays, equivalent to 8 hours/week at TAC branch office
The purpose of the WBS Health Navigator is to empower individuals and communities to take control of their health through educating them on HIV/AIDS and TB prevention and treatment (prevention and treatment literacy, or PTL), as well as on the rights and responsibilities of patients.
- Monitor service delivery at primary healthcare facilities including: access to services by patients migrating through Khayelitsha temporarily/permanently, health worker availability, waiting times in facilities, patients being turned away improperly, policy implementation and drug stock outs
- Use clinic committees and direct action to improve the performance of facilities
- Provide information focusing on patient self-empowerment in HIV/TB – related issues
- Run community mobilisation and awareness about HIV/TB prevention, diagnostic and services provision in Khayelitsha
- Distribute condoms explaining their proper utilisation
- Attend mandatory weekly/monthly meetings from TAC and/or MSF
- Must be available for all trainings from TAC and/or MSF for OIM mobile clinic
- Matric Certificate essential
- Minimum of one year in HIV/TB Treatment Literacy or Health Education
- Minimum of year in youth services management
- Language(s) Preferably are isiXhosa and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
- Communication skills
- Reporting skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to fit in team work and work independently
To apply, submit your application letter and CV to [email protected] and [email protected] or drop off at 08 Mzala Street, Isivivana Centre, 2nd floor, Ekuphumleni, Khayelitsha, 7784
Late applications will not be accepted after deadline.
Due to the volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 30 July, 2018