The Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education draws its name ‘Tshisimani’ from a word in the TshiVenda language meaning fountain, spring or ‘at the water source’.
This captures the driving inspiration for the Centre, which is to nourish, replenish and sustain the power and capacity of activist movements, organisations and networks engaged in grassroots struggle to build a just society in South Africa and internationally.
Job Title: Curriculum Developer
Location: Mowbray, Cape Town
Employment Type: 12 months contract. The candidate will be required to work 40 hours per week
- Develop popular materials on existing land and other policies related to spatial justice.
- Participate in the conceptualisation, packaging and execution of the education programs Tshisimani jointly undertakes with other land justice organisations.
- Managing the database of regional and global partners.
- Provide research support on issues related to expressed education needs of land justice movements.
- Work with social media specialist to bring more land justice related content on Tshisimani media platforms.
- Assist in general organising of public engagement of Tshisimani, like public seminars of all Tshisimani programs (not only land justice)
- A degree in sociology or related fields
- Understanding of legislative and policy environment regarding land holding, management, and distribution, in both urban and rural contexts.
- Experience in curriculum development or popular education materials
- Familiarity with debates on tenure security, gentrification, and movement building.
- Strong communication and facilitation abilities.
- Ability to interact and work with activists of different persuasions and their respective organisations.
- Ability to be innovative, work in a team and manage one’s assigned workload
Please email a CV that includes contact details of three (3) referees; and a letter of motivation, detailing how you meet the requirements for this post, and your interest and suitability to work at Tshisimani. Generic letters are strongly advised against.
Kindly send these two documents with Curriculum Developer on Land Policy Research and Advocacy to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 13 November, 2020