The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA) provides technical assistance to the South African government to strengthen public health systems and supply chains with the aim of advancing an AIDS-free generation and contributing to the achievement of universal health coverage.
The program provides technical assistance directly to the Affordable Medicines Directorate (AMD) of the National Department of Health (NDoH), as well as to the pharmaceutical services directorates of the Provincial Departments of Health. The overall aim of the program is to assist the government in improving access to and availability of the medicines and related commodities needed to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and associated conditions and disorders.
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Location: Pretoria, Hatfield
Job Type: (4 Month Contract)
The candidate will provide financial and administrative services in order to ensure efficient, effective and accurate financial and administrative to Guidehouse International LLC. S/he will be responsible for providing administrative, communications, event, requisition, writing, and procurement support to the project. The successful candidate should be detail oriented, organized, and proactive. He/she should also be able to apply creative thinking in problem solving and executing daily activities.
The F&A Officer will report to the Finance & Operations Director.
- The F&A Officer will be responsible for maintaining Guidehouse financial integrity, preparing financial reports efficiently and in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Complete project travel coordination.
- Prepare Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare Monthly VAT Reports.
- Prepare payment vouchers and manage suppliers (including staff claims and reimbursement)
- Prepare procurement packs in accordance with USAID regulations and policies.
- Maintain a proper filing system at all times for the finance and operations department.
- Provide coordination support between operations team and technical teams.
- Overseeing general office operation
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- A Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification in Finance, Business and Project Administration is required.
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role for a minimum 3 years required.
- Previous work experience in USAID Funded projects an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English language, including both verbal and written skills, is essential.
- Problem solving and structured thinking skills.
- Detail and outcomes oriented.
- Experience in project management is preferred.
- Familiarity with relevant legislation including USAID Financial Rules and Regulations, USAID financial Management Principles.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain and manage vendor relationships
- Experience with coordinating travel arrangements
- Understanding of bookkeeping (including VAT Act), Bank reconciliation, and accounts payable functions.
- Planning, organisational, time management and administrative skills.
- Ability to work well both independently or when functioning as part of a broader team.
- Computer literate in the full Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate level proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Submit a CV to The Director: Finance & Operations, email: [email protected] with e-mail Subject line “Application for Finance and Admin Officer position”
Only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 15 December, 2019