The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (USAID TradeHub) engages with partners across the region to increase sustainable economic growth, global export competitiveness, and trade in targeted southern African countries. It supports these objectives by increasing exports from southern African countries to South Africa and the United States (under the African Growth and Opportunity Act [AGOA]), boosting capital and technology flows from South Africa to other southern African countries and providing targeted trade facilitation support to Zambia.
The USAID TradeHub works with market actors to identify and resolve enterprise constraints and to implement sustainable solutions through market-based trade and investment facilitation services. The USAID TradeHub partners with the USAID Bilateral Missions through the Regional Mission in the successful delivery of its objectives.
Job Title: Operations Specialist
Location: South Africa
Objectives and Duties:
The Operations Specialist will provide management and coordination support to the Director of Operations (DOO) and assist with the management of workflow and coordination with all departments within the USAID TradeHub. The objective of this job is to optimize the Operations Team’s efficiency and effectiveness through planning, coordination, and execution support on daily activities, processes and procedures, coordination with user departments and the Home Office to delivery excellence. The Operations Specialist will assist in monitoring the performance of the Operations department across the board and work as a liaison between the Operations department and the Technical, MEL, Communications departments and the Home Office.
S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Managing day-to-day operations.
- Optimizing operational processes and procedures for maximum efficiency while maintaining quality standards.
- Assisting with the implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Identifying ways to improve operations department
- Assist in planning, organizing and coordinating functions relating to the project management operations of the USAID TradeHub.
- Maintain an updated USAID TradeHub tracker namely Procurement, NXP, STTA, Performance Appraisal, Goal setting and staff development and USAID contractual deliverable reports.
- Conducts operational research to keep up to date with current operational trends.
- Stays up-to-date on software that is commonly used in the USAID TradeHub.
- Recommends process improvements for every day operating procedures
- Maintaining confidentiality on all staff, partners, HQ and USAID information
- On behalf of the DOO, communicating with technical and operation teams, on matters related to DOO’s Operational issues.
- Managing the DOO calendar of appointments, prepare and compose correspondence
- Attending meetings with DOO for minute taking.
- Other duties as assigned by the DOO
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Relations or similar field.
- MIS, Communications or Research qualification is an added advantage
- 5+ years of experience as an Operations Specialist or an equivalent role working across organizational units.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred
- Ability to analyze and improve operational processes.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Passion for operations and organizational performance focused on improving processes
- Proactive and positive individual with a sense of ownership
- Collaborative work style – good interpersonal skills and able to work well in groups
- Must have superior software computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving, time management and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and very good at multi – tasking
- High self-initiative with the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organization and time management skills are highly valued.
- Passionate about success and driven by achieving goals
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- The Operations Specialist will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations and Reporting:
- The Operations Specialist will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the DOO.
Send applications to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: October 16, 2020.