The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (SATIH) project, a five-year project implemented by DAI, for Southern Africa to increase global competitiveness and intra-regional trade and improve food security in Southern Africa.
Anticipated project activities include efforts to support national and regional bodies to facilitate intra-regional trade of agricultural commodities and economic integration, facilitate improved private sector export competitiveness in key value chains, and expand trade including increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
Job Title: Contracts, Procurement and Grants Officer
Location: South Africa
Objectives and Duties:
The Contracts, Procurement and Grants Officer (CPGO)will offer support to the Senior Contracts, Procurement and Grants (SCPG) Manager of the Hub Pretoria office including overall project procurement, grants and contracts.
The position requires substantial work experience in the field of procurement, grants, and contracting across a variety of industry sectors, contract management, dispute resolution, managing interpersonal relationships and communication, and investigating / following up on vendor issues. He/She will assist in the development and release solicitations and conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses. The position will require close coordination with partners, recipients and /or beneficiaries to accomplish program objectives.
- Assist with preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFP) /Request for Quotations (RFQ) and RFA (Request for Applications for Grants and manage the entire Grants and procurement process to completion.
- Submit bids to Senior Contracts, Procurement and Grants Manager to review for completeness, accuracy and responsiveness
- Prepare Purchase Orders/Subcontracts and Modifications and ensure proper documentation is collected throughout the procurement process.
- Prepare complete backup documentation for procurement purchases & submit to Project’s Finance Team
- Confer with vendors and suppliers (local, regional and international sources) to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule. Also, obtain estimate value of goods and services through multiple quotations from reliable and competitive suppliers. Conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses.
- Collaborate with department managers to resolve procurement compliance issues
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies or procedures
- Contribute to maintaining systems to enable the flow of information and data between teams to track performance and contribute to the completion of reports, data and analysis
- Draft, negotiate and /or support effective negotiation of agreements, contracts, subcontracts, sub agreements and modifications/ amendments thereto
- Assist in monitoring, managing and administration of contracts, grants and sub-recipients across lifecycle of contract or grant (pre-contract through close out)
- Assist with drafting of Source Selection Memos/Request to Subcontract Memos ensuring integrity, compliance, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes for review and approval by Senior Contracts, Procurement and Grants Manager
- Assist in enforcing use of DAI’s operations & procurement system (TAMIS)
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in various DAI’s system platforms
- Gather current pricing information independently
- Administrative duties in support of grant management, including daily sorting of paperwork, filing, photocopying documents as necessary, and scanning documents for storage
- Assist the Senior Contracts, Procurement and Grants Manager in reviewing applications and proposals, by locating or requesting necessary supporting documentation from potential grantees
- Maintain financial capability records for each grantee to meet USAID requirements
- Provide support to the Senior Contracts, Procurement and Grants Manager with regards to regular monitoring and tracking of grant and subcontract budgets, and compiling financial reports
- Assist in processing grantee and subcontractor vouchers for payment by assuring necessary documentation is included
- Any other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in procurement at the mid-level of an organization.
- Experience leading and managing the procurement & acquisition aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement-related USG & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations. Experience with procurement for USAID-funded programs is required.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor/subcontractor negotiations.
- Demonstrated experience in grants management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests
- Customer-service oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel, including the use of formulas
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids.
- Fluency in English is required.
- The Contracts, Procurement and Grants Officer will not have supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations:
- The Contracts, Procurement and Grants Officer will report to the Senior Contracts, Procurement, and Grants Manager.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit their CV to SATIH-Recruitment@dai.com
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.