The Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (WHC) is wholly-owned by the University of the Witwatersrand. We are the support operation through which the University – primarily its Faculty of Health Sciences – conducts research, manages donor-funded activities, pursues entrepreneurial innovation in health and supports clinical trials.
Job Title: Grant Accountant
Main purpose of the job
To lead the provision of effective operational support services to all staff and sites, specifically in the areas of financial management, donor liaison and organizational administration.
The position is based in Parktown.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure adherence to the financial policies and procedures.
- Effective review and approval of general ledger entries, journal entries, audit files and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Effective management of accounting support staff.
- Budget preparation and management.
- Provide financial advice.
- Compile accurate and comprehensive financial and donor reports.
- Liaison with all relevant stakeholders.
- Effective compliance with donor requirements.
- Effective self-management.
Required minimum education and training
- BCom Accounting or equivalen
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum of 3 years financial reporting experience in a healthcare or donor funded environment.
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Experience working in a donor funded organization/NGO will be an advantage.
- Must have experience and management of USAID grants.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and accounting package is desirable.
- Must have a dynamic and compatible personality able to deal with clients, donors and staff at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- The environment may at times be busy and need excellent management skills and attention to details.
- May be required to work overtime and to travel to various sites.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) will be required.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, clearly state which vacancy you are applying for and forward your detailed CV to: Nomonde Gaju at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 31 January, 2020