To support the vision of growing the next cohort of teachers for our school and country. Theodor Herzl High School is looking for inspired young individuals, who are currently working towards a career in teaching, to join our intern programme commencing in January 2019.
Theodor Herzl is an independent, co-educational, English medium school in Port Elizabeth, providing excellent all-round education from pre-primary to matric.
Our aim is to ensure that each child thrives and achieves to the best of his or her potential. Although academic achievement is encouraged and a solid work ethic instilled in all pupils, resulting in consistently outstanding matric results, the true value of the work we do here is revealed in the way that Theodor Herzl graduates continue to thrive, both in their tertiary studies and as productive, responsible citizens.
Full involvement in all aspects of school life is expected, including:
- Teaching practice and assisting in the classroom
- Sports coaching and accompanying teams as required
- Assisting with clubs and societies
Requirements: qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Prospective interns should be studying their Bachelor of Education degree or completing another degree in 2018 with the aim of enrolling for a PGCE qualification in 2019.
- Preference will be given to potential interns who wish to teach the following subjects: Maths, Physical Science, Life Science, Afrikaans, CAT and Dramatic Arts.
- Experience or interest in coaching school sport would be an advantage
- A desire to make a career of teaching.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A clear criminal clearance certificate
- SACE Registration will be required during the year, if not already obtained
To apply: Email a motivation letter, a detailed CV and copies of your qualifications and statement of results to the email [email protected] to The Head of Campus.
Location: Walmer, Port Elizabeth
Theodor Herzl School is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that the school reserves the right not to make an appointment. Submission of an application does not entitle the applicant to an interview. If no communication has been received a month after the closing date, the application must be regarded as unsuccessful.
Closing Date: July 16, 2018.