THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor
Location Deadline: Pietermaritzburg
The purpose of the position is to spear head THINK’s M&E department and, specifically, provide technical advice and support to a new and exciting USAID funded project to improve the MDR TB service delivery in Umgungundlovu.
- The M&E Advisor will provide technical expertise to the Program Management Team and provincial and district governments on monitoring and evaluation of program implementations and their outcomes. Specifically, health related strategic information for activities related to bolstering the ability of health providers and institutions and community groups to monitor, document and analyze the performance of health services as a basis for accountability, advocacy and policy activities and safeguarding standards and quality of care.
- S/he also provides technical guidance and support to sub-awards, if any, in the design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness TB interventions. The M&E Advisor is expected to spend extensive time in the field working closely with project staff, health providers, community groups and other stakeholders to provide technical assistance and monitor and evaluate the project.
- S/he will have primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining systems to measure, compile, analyze and report activity data at all levels and across levels; ensuring that all activity interventions are designed with M&E plans and activities; comparing performance; providing regular activity reports to USAID and for developing special reports as needed; producing analysis of program data, identifying methods and together with the relevant Team Leader, to use results and provide recommendations for program improvement; and building district and facility staff capacity to gather and analyze data for program improvement at all levels.
- S/he will review and adapt tools and create standardized tools and indicators to measure health facility and community-based interventions that capture relevant outcomes. The M&E Advisor may also be called upon to design interventions that build the capacity to buttress data collection, use and analysis of data and statistics in order to guide TB program implementation at the institution, facility and community levels.
- S/he must have the following qualifications, skills, and expertise:
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field.
- An additional qualification in M&E or a PhD will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with substantial experience in public health.
- Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment
- A valid Code B Driver’s License and own transport
- Good communication skills
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches.
Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. For inquiries contact Project Director: Dr. K. Wallengren on tel no: 031-003 1817
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: https://www.think.org.za/contact/jobs/
Application Deadline: Sunday, 22 September, 2019